Friday 25 September 2015

Weird Monday's

It's been a strange week again, often filled with bitter-sweet memories that make me think of these little bunnies.
It's Friday already and I feel as if the year is rushing past at an unbelievable speed. The week began with what I am now thinking of as my "Weird Monday's". That day when I'm not at work but feel as if I should be busy doing something...anything...
To be honest, it's actually the weekends that feel really weird, knowing that come Sunday night, I won't need to get up early the next day. I feel as if I can't settle and want to fill the days with as much as possible - hence last weekend's long walks! 

Well, Monday just gone I kept myself busy again finishing some curtains for a colleague (did I mention that before?). They're done now and as my creative juices have finally begun to flow again after a long absence, I've been wondering what to do next...

A relative had mentioned that she will be having a stall at a craft fair in December (she makes greeting cards and gift boxes) and I had wondered whether she'd mind if I made a few things for her to sell for me perhaps. Well, before I had chance to ask, she came and offered!! So I've been thinking about what I could make and going through some of the things I'd made in the past to sell at the Art & Design Market in Winchester and started drawing up a little list of the most popular items and some new things I could try. There were lots of things I'd made and thought would sell well that simply didn't, so I won't be revisiting them. But there were others that I just couldn't make enough of. Some of them I became heartily sick of, I made that many and whilst I may not really want to make them again, if they'll sell... When you've just taken a 20% pay cut at work, beggars can't be choosers!

So anyway. I've made a list. And it's very tempting to go out and buy loads of new craft staff to make things with but I mustn't! (Well, I have but not much, just things I needed to replace. On the whole...) I have a large stash of fabric quarters and lots of wool in a whole rainbow of colours and flavours. I even have a tin full of reels of sewing thread. I must be strong and stay away from the shops!! Unless it's charity shops... I did think I might make some little mice and thought how lovely they'd look made from tweed. That wouldn't be cheap to buy. Unless I can find a really cheap jacket in a charity shop and chop it up!!
I've also ordered a kilo of dried lavender - yes, a KILO! I can't wait to see how big the bag is. Lavender is so light, a kilo might take up a lot of space! So there will be lavender bags in an assortment of shapes. Maybe even lavender mice?...

I haven't been this excited about making things for such a long time and there are moments when I almost feel giddy and I can't wait to get cracking!!

I'm sure there will come a day when I will need to find a proper job for my Weird Monday's but for now, I think they're going to be Tina's Allsorts days...



No comments:

Post a Comment