Sunday 21 February 2016

What not to do when crafting...

Take my advice - when you're happily crafting away and decide the best fabric/notion to use is an everyday item that you just happen to have to hand but only need half of it - don't put the other half back where you found it. No, instead, put it with your craft supplies. Or, like me, you may find yourself in this situation...

I had two functions to go to. A dinner with friends at a nice restaurant. And the next day, a wedding. I needed a pair of skin tone tights for each event. I checked the box beforehand and yes, there were 2 new  pairs, so no need to buy more (I rarely wear tights as I live and die in trousers).

I wear pair number one for the dinner. No problem. Next day I get the box out again and grab pair number two. And found this -


Two things dawned on me then. Firstly, that when I got the first pair out of the box the night before I remember thinking that pair 2 didn't take up as much room as it should. And secondly, that the last time I was making Sheep Paperweights, I needed something to make the bean bag that goes inside it to stop the pearl barley filling escaping through the knitted body. Normally I use a pop sock/knee high but didn't have any left at the time, so cut a leg off a pair of tights. Then put them back in the box!!!!!!!!! DOH!!!

So take my advice, when utilising everyday items for your crafting. Don't put them back in the box....

No comments:

Post a Comment