Saturday 7 May 2016

Bluebell Walk

I finally made it!! A bluebell Walk! Not a walk with some bluebells, however good the views may have been but an actual Bluebell Walk. With Bluebells. Millions of them! Look -

Tina's Allsorts, Micheldever Woods

Tina's Allsorts, Micheldever Woods

Tina's Allsorts, Micheldever Woods

Tina's Allsorts, Micheldever Woods

Tina's Allsorts, Micheldever Woods


Tina's Allsorts, Micheldever Woods

This is Micheldever Wood, just north of Winchester. I've heard of it and seen photos online but this was my first visit and boy, was it good! We asked a dog-walker who was just leaving what was the best route to take and I'm glad we did as he was clearly a regular and knew exactly where we should head. He said we should have seen it 3 or 4 weeks ago - it was stunning now, so goodness knows what it was like before. Clearly next year, I need to go sooner. And more than once! And as it's so close to Winchester, I could always go after work... My photos don't really do justice to the intense deep blue of the flowers and certainly don't convey the fragrance. And they're proper English Bluebells too.
I should imagine the beech trees will look stunning in the autumn as well - I might put that on the calender now.

I'll leave you my favourite photo. Just look at this - enjoy!

Tina's Allsorts, Micheldever Woods

PS  I just remembered I made a short video clip when I was at this spot and panned around. It's only short but you can just hear the birds singing - above the drone of the motorway!



No comments:

Post a Comment