Sunday 18 September 2016

CAL Part 5

Part 5 of the crochet along bag is finished, lightly washed and drying in the sun. Next week, the two sides will be joined together, then the final part will be adding a fabric lining.

The pattern for part 5 was quite hard on the wrists and my right wrist still aches today - it was worth a little pain to have so much texture though. I worked some of the rows in two colours again to make the textured stitches stand out more and I'm very happy with how it looks.

Tina's Allsorts

Tina's Allsorts, Peacock Tail Bag CAL

Tina's Allsorts, Peacock Tail Bag CAL


Last week I put some photos of different fabrics on facebook and had loads of lovely comments (there's a screenshot of them below.) Most people liked the fabric at the top which is mid turquoise with the bright pink flowers. It's quite vibrant though it does match the bag colours. My favourite is bottom left - a pale pink with dark pink strawberries. I want to make a lining with a zip closure at the top for security and may make a crocheted strap with fabric one side, so the fabric will be quite visible. What do you think??
I think I'll wait until I've joined the 2 sides together, then actually put the fabric in the bag to see what it looks like in situ.

Tina's Allsorts, Peacock Tail Bag CAL

I will miss it when it's finished... although it has given me ideas for a small bag just big enough for a wallet, car keys and phone using the left over purple yarn from the bolero I made in July. Maybe with either variegated pink or gold highlights.


Did I mention before that a lady had been in touch about Dress a Girl?? She's also been working on a teenage sized pattern but did a much better job of it than I did! (ie She actually finished it and got someone to try it on and made adjustments so it was comfy.) At the same time we had some new fabrics in at the craft shop a lovely tiny flamingo print in either pink on white, or white on pink. Anyway, it got my sewing juices running again so I bought half a metre of each and produced these -

Tina's Allsorts, Dress a Girl

Here they are in the shop window to give people an idea of what they could make. (Apparently several people had asked if we sold the pattern but it's a free one I found on line.) 
I made these two are in the smallest size 12-18 mths. I think I might be making some more tiny dresses because they are so fast to make and look just so darned cute!! They also only cost about £3 each to make including elastic/ribbon. And that's before you taken my staff discount into account.

I really must make something else to go in the shop as a sample. A simple patchwork cushion or bag maybe? We always sell more when people can actually see what the fabrics are like when they're made up into something.

Well, that's all for today. Not much progress to show you on the Bargello Alliums to share. I worked some rows of green while I was in the shop last week but haven't done any at home for a couple of weeks. I did say the repeating pattern would turn into a labour of love didn't I??

Have a good week and see you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment