Sunday 5 March 2017

Tori's Eggs

Meet Tori, my friend's Mum. It wasn't until very recently that I found out she used to make beautiful decorated eggs and is going to do some more.
I'd popped in for a quick visit one day and she saw me eyeing up a big box of supermarket eggs in the lounge...I obviously looked a little puzzled as to why they might be in the lounge. On the piano stool. She asked if I'd ever seen her eggs and when I replied no, nipped off to get them and came back with a shoe box full of the most amazing decorated eggs.

The first photo shows the oldest one, made around forty years ago! Just look at the detail!

Tina's Allsorts, Tori's Eggs

And this is the lady herself, holding a choirboy egg - there's even a stained glass window!

Tina's Allsorts, Tori's Eggs

Tina's Allsorts, Tori's Eggs

This next one is a space ship -

Tina's Allsorts, Tori's Eggs

Tina's Allsorts, Tori's Eggs

And a trio of choirboys -

Tina's Allsorts, Tori's Eggs

I asked her which one was her favourite and was surprised when she pointed out the very plain egg with some brown splodges (top left in the photo below). No opening in the front. No people. Then she explained that it was made by her daughter Gina when she was 4 years old... Isn't that just the sweetest thing?!

Tina's Allsorts, Tori's Eggs

As I said to begin with, she's going to have a go at making them again and you know, I'm quite tempted to order her a ready-blown Ostrich Egg - what would she make with one that size??. Can you imagine the look on her face?!!... 
Til next time, Tina xXx


No comments:

Post a Comment