Thursday 20 April 2017

Emma's Stripey Blanket

EDIT:  I have now made another stripey blanket on a similar theme to this one but it's fully reversible, with more texture and there's a Pattern! 

It is fully written, has full computerised charts, plenty of photos and loads and loads of information. It's called 


- and is available on Ravelry. (That’s a clickable link.)



Tina's Allsorts, Emma's Stripey Blanket
Tina's Allsorts, Emma's Stripey Blanket

I asked Emma's Mum if I could borrow the Stripey Blanket I made for her just over 4 years ago now. It seems like such a long time ago now, it was her 4th birthday and now she's eight... (edit: she's just turned 12!!)



It's had an incredible number of views not only on Ravelry (over 17,ooo so far) but also on Pinterest (50,000+ re-pins of one single image). And that's just the ones I know of!!


I've had a few lovely complimentary comments on Ravelry and some people have emailed requesting a pattern. I politely point out that I never followed / wrote a pattern, I really did make it up as I went along. I had been inspired by Julie of Little Woolly and I send them a link to take a look as Julie did write an excellent pattern. I needed to make Emma's blanket in a hurry as it was planned as a birthday present, so I couldn't wait for Julie's pattern updates.


I had another pattern request last month and I had thought perhaps I would find time over Easter to write out a pattern of sorts, should anyone want to try and make their own blanket. But I spent my time on making my new stripey blanket instead... Sorry...


The pattern I had planned on writing was actually going to be more a simple list of which stitch and colour I used on each row. I couldn't crochet very well when I made the blanket and it was a learning curve for me - indeed, my current blanket is another learning curve! I knew I wouldn't be able to write a pattern that a complete beginner could follow - you would have to already be able to crochet and have an idea about how to keep your edges straight. But like I say, I didn't find the time. Maybe this weekend coming?... No, don't be silly Tina, you'll be busy trying to finish the latest blanket!!


But I will try and write it up "one day". For the time being I thought perhaps a photo merge thingy with a tape measure laid along it for scale so you can have a good look at it for yourself. I wonder which Russian website it will appear on first? I wouldn't mind but they never link back to me...


Maybe I should have done the photo merge as two pics not one but it was rather fun making it! And I've put my name on it this time!!


The new blanket is growing fast and despite my best intentions of writing the pattern as I went along, I managed about 10 rows before I could no longer resist cracking on and going with the flow! It looks good though. At least I think so.


All the photos are currently on my phone and I'm having a spot of bother downloading them other than by bluetooth. And there are a lot of photos! I've tried to take a photo of every row as it's added, plus a few extra for good measure. When I get them downloaded I'll hit you with some real blanket spam!! And I will write a pattern of sorts to go with it, even if it is only a list of stitches and colours. You can follow that can't you? Of course you can.

That's it for today - things to do and stitches to hook!!


See you again soon - T  xXx



3 comments:

  1. a written pattern would be good thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cristine,
    Apologies for taking so long to reply!
    I'm afraid I never did write up this particular blanket pattern but if you follow the link at the top of the page, it will take you to the pattern for my Tooty Stripey Blanket. I wanted to recreate Emma's blanket but with all the new stitches I'd learned and the Tooty Stripey was the result.
    I'd love to see the result if you try it, so please do pop back and share it.

    Best wishes
    Tina x

    ReplyDelete
  3. When anyone do some creation of his/her own then it will something different and better then others. Here I read all your post and visits provided links too. I really like everything and providing procedure in written manner is very helpful.

    ReplyDelete