Sunday 21 May 2017

A quick hello!

A very quick hello today, from a beautifully sunny Hampshire. Indeed, we look to be in for a week of really good weather - finally! The timing couldn't be better as I'm off on holiday on Tuesday, visiting friends in Northumberland. We haven't seen each other for a long time and I'm really looking forward to it. I'm going by train and will have a long trip each way, so have put together a project bag for the journey.
I thought maybe I should make another stripey blanket to see if I can follow my own pattern, and check if I need to make any changes. I thought perhaps a sort of rainbow this time and I'll keep the colours in the same order, rather than mix them up.

I went through my stash looking for the leftovers from the star blanket I finished recently. There wasn't as much as I thought,  then I remembered I'd used it to make 2 cushions and 2 mandalas as well. I think there's enough but it's Style craft DK so I can easily get more. Naturally I took a photo or two!


I had fun weighing it to see if there was enough! 


And here's my project bag, complete with a little colour card. I hope there isn't too much blue. The colours aren't correct in the pic but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed it'll look okay! 

I should be working on my waistcoat while I'm away really but I want to concentrate on it so I don't risk messing up! A holiday may not be the right place! Here it is having a quick fitting. It's working up very quickly and the yarn, apart from being a beautiful colour,  is also beautiful to work with.  I may have to buy some more! The top part of the bodice is done but I won't start the lacey "skirt " til I get home. 


The first skein (I only bought 2!) just about made it! This is all that was left!


That's all for today!  I might pop in during the week but I'm hoping for lots of walking, followed by lots of eating and drinking and not surfing etc!! 

Enjoy the good weather and see you soon,  T  xXx 

No comments:

Post a Comment