Thursday 29 June 2017

So I read this tutorial ...

I read a tutorial recently on folksy about how to take better photographs of your products by using backdrops, props, camera angles and the manual settings on your camera. Better photos equals more sales. Hopefully!
I read it carefully, I thought about it, I wondered how can I do that at home? I had a little search online and thought some more. The next day I popped into the craft shop and bought some textured paper in ivory - although the colour was actually a bit pale it was a starting point.
I was in the process of making a baby cardigan as a sample for the shop, so I took some pictures and look what it came out like -

Tina's Allsorts, baby cardigan

Tina's Allsorts, baby cardigan

Tina's Allsorts, baby cardigan


Tina's Allsorts, baby cardigan

And this is what it looked like before the picture was cropped -

Tina's Allsorts, baby cardigan

Look okay?? Ideally it needs to be done by a north facing window to get the right lighting - we don't have that home as we face east  west but I tried to make the most of what we had. It still needs a bit of work and took a few minutes to set up but it was great fun to do and I love the results! I just need to take new photos of everything I have for sale on folksy...

That's all for today. I haven't done much crochet this week as I've been trying to write the chart for my Tooty Stripey Blanket again - it's coming along but it's still got a long way to go I'm afraid. I take my hat off to the people who write crochet instructions - both written instructions and charts - it really is not as easy as it looks!!

Til next time,  T xxx



1 comment:

  1. I would love to read that article Tina. I struggle to get decent photos of some of my makes. I did purchase a piece of white board which I try and use but am not very good at placing props etc, Your efforts look really good. I am starting a photography course in Stockbridge in September once I retire so hopefully my photography skills will i prove.

    ReplyDelete