Wednesday 4 October 2017

Two Harmony Blanket Ta - Dah's

(Edit: I wrote this on Sunday but kept having internet issues and couldn't publish at the time - then forgot to try again later!!! But better late than never I suppose!)

I warn you,  this is a picture heavy post! Both my Harmony Baby Blankets are finished and I've taken a good number of photos to share. ☺

When I have time  I'll jot down the instructions on how to make the circles, make them into squares,  and work the two different borders. But for now, here is some lovely blanket spam!

Tina's Allsorts, Harmony Baby Blanket

Tina's Allsorts, Harmony Baby Blanket

Tina's Allsorts, Harmony Baby Blanket

Tina's Allsorts, Harmony Baby Blanket

Tina's Allsorts, Harmony Baby Blanket

Tina's Allsorts, Harmony Baby Blanket

Tina's Allsorts, Harmony Baby Blanket

Tina's Allsorts, Harmony Baby Blanket

Tina's Allsorts, Harmony Baby Blanket

Tina's Allsorts, Harmony Baby Blanket

Tina's Allsorts, Harmony Baby Blanket

Tina's Allsorts, Harmony Baby Blanket

Tina's Allsorts, Harmony Baby Blanket

Tina's Allsorts, Harmony Baby Blanket

I must admit I am rather proud of both these blankets,  especially the one joined with all the colours. That worked better than I could ever have imagined and I'll be making another I'm sure.
Both are intended as gifts for babies due in a couple of months time - but just hpw do I decide which one to give to who???

The Tooty Harmony blanket (the BIG one!) where this colour journey began, is currently on the back burner as I have almost completely run out of yarn. I'll order another pack when I'm ready to do some more but I fancied a break from it to be honest. So it is doing a grand job of keeping me warm in the evenings while I hook something else!!

The first "something else" is a project bag to keep my current WIP's in. I'm using the gorgeous Sirdar Cotton yarn that I won in the tea cosies competition back in June/July. 


This is the base, although as I write I have already done 10 rows of the sides and even joined in a little colour. I'm using my preferred method of designing - making it up as I go along!!! I haven't decided how tall it will be, never mind an edging,  handles, lining, stiffening etc! When will I ever learn? ....
Till next time, T x 




No comments:

Post a Comment