Monday 6 November 2017

Blankety decisions

Remember my big beautiful Harmony Blanket? Well, I haven't done any work on it for ages, as I ran out of yarn and didn't want to join lots of scraps on each row. She is definitely big enough to use as a sofa blanket - and has been used for exactly that purpose even while I was hooking each row! - but she won't quite cut it as a bed blanket as she'd only just cover the width of a single bed.

I keep wondering whether to stop now and just use her as she is on the sofa, or to keep going but that would mean buying a lot more yarn - and a lot more time. And then I saw someone on Instagram who has started making her own stripey blanket using my Tooty Stripey Blanket pattern.
The colours she chose are beautiful rich autumn tones and it looks amazing and that made me think well, actually I'd quite like to start something new - so decision made, yesterday she went in the wash and then the tumble dryer!!

I will work a couple more rows to finish the pattern section I'd reached and I'll probably try and do some kind of edging along the short sides - just to finish it off,  you know. But apart from that she's big, she's beautiful, she's SOOO soft, and she's warm and snuggly.

If I'd thought of it,  I would have taken a load of close ups yesterday. But I didn't... so here's just one to be going on with.

Tina's Allsorts Tooty harmony blanket

The little dress/tunic that I'm making for my great niece is coming along rather more slowly than I would have liked. I think perhaps because I'm working in the round my knit rows have quite a tight tension, so it's coming out bit shorter than the tension on the pattern suggests - maybe I should have used a slightly bigger needle?
But it is lovely. The wool is beautiful, the colour is lovely, the pattern is lovely, I even like the little cable. So at the moment I'm still knitting. At this rate she might get it for Christmas!

Tina's Allsorts

That's all for today, see you again soon! T xx

No comments:

Post a Comment