Thursday 19 July 2018

Catching up!

So it's been a month since I popped in here - again.... I'm sure I've done loads  in that time I could chat about, so I figured I'd just check back through my Instagram feed to see what I've been up to!

In reverse order, this is my current project - a baby blanket combining lovely big white daisies and a ripple pattern. It's called the Daisy Chain Blanket by Harlow Monroe Handmade and is available to buy from Ravelry.
There are so many different colour combos you could go for with this blanket but I went for duck-egg green, silver grey and white. It's only an acrylic/nylon yarn but is working up very soft. I don't have long to get it finished so need to get a move on really...

Tina's Allsorts,

Prior to that was this very bright and colourful bag. It's a crochet square which was designed by Emily of the Loopy Stitch and then sold by Jane of Queen Bab's, to raise funds for a wheelchair and accessories for Jane. I decided to attach the square to the front of a very simple little bag on a long strap - just right for summer festivals!! 
I took lots of photos along the way with the intention of writing a little tutorial of how to make your own bag. It will have it's own page when it's ready but it's not quite there yet. Isn't it a GORGEOUS square though?? I really enjoyed making it too.

Tina's Allsorts,

Tina's Allsorts,

Tina's Allsorts,

Tina's Allsorts,

I'm also working on an asymmetric knitted shawl on and off, with the intention of writing up and selling the pat*tern. In the pic below it had started to go wrong though... I was using different textured stitches and tried a diagonal line - but the tension was so loose it really started to grow in width!! Needless to say, this section was frogged and something different has replaced it.

 Tina's Allsorts,

There's also an aran scarf in the process of writing and finalising. This also has several different textured patterns in it to make it really interesting not only to wear but also to make. All the stitch patterns are very simple though so that even an adventurous beginner could make it. Here I've used a wool & alpaca blend to make it the initial sample and it came out beautifully! 

Tina's Allsorts,

A lady at Knit and Knatter is testing the pattern with acrylic and it's quite a different beast...

Tina's Allsorts,


Tina's Allsorts, I was delighted to manage to get one of the new ten pence pieces recently. Someone was going to the Royal Mint for a visit, so bought one in a presentation pack for me - and joy of joys, it's got a Tea Pot on it!!! How apt!! (See my Tea Cosie tab!!)
On a perhaps more solemn note, I managed to get to see the Poppy Wave display at Fort Nelson near Portsmouth, just before it closed. Oh my, what an absolute spectacle it was!! Quite stunning and a very moving tribute to those who fought and lost their lives in the First World War.
It had originally formed part of the display of poppies at the Tower of London in 2014 and has been touring the country - this was it's last stop before going on permanent display in Liverpool. 
It was a beautiful morning and we popped down early, partly to be there before it got busy and partly as we had other things to do that day. I'm very glad we were there early as when we left around 11.30am, the queue looked to be at least 2 hours long!! It was definitely worth a 2 hour wait - but it was in the blazing sun...

Tina's Allsorts,

Tina's Allsorts,

Tina's Allsorts,

Tina's Allsorts,

Tina's Allsorts, If you pop in here regularly, you will know that I designed a mixed stitch crochet blanket just over a year ago, which is available as a free pat*tern on Ravelry (see the separate tab at the top of the page). It had it's one year anniversary of being published last week - and look how many people have downloaded it in that year!! I hope at least 1% have actually used the pattern, rather than simply download it...
And I'll end today with my most recent finished and published pat*tern - my Popcorn Dreams Scarf. It felt like it took an age to design and make it, write it up, test it, get other people to test it as well.... But I got there eventually. All the versions below are by my testers and aren't they simply lovely?? If you'd like to see more images, then pop across to Instagram and search for the hashtag #popcorndreamsscarf .

This one is by Helen, aka Flora Honeypot.
Tina's Allsorts,  Popcorn Dreams Scarf
This is by Jan.
Tina's Allsorts,  Popcorn Dreams Scarf

Tina's Allsorts,  Popcorn Dreams Scarf
And this one by Julie - and she dyed the yarn herself.

This lovely, slightly larger version is by Torun - it shows how easily you can adapt the pat*tern to suit the size you'd like.
Tina's Allsorts,  Popcorn Dreams Scarf

Tina's Allsorts,  Popcorn Dreams Scarf
And here's a little montage of pics - and none of them are my own!!
Tina's Allsorts,  Popcorn Dreams Scarf
I'll finish today with this fabulous pic of the Cathedral that I took earlier this week in the evening sunlight. I even managed to get the statue of the soldier in the shot.

Tina's Allsorts

I'm off on my hols very soon, so won't be back here until August. Hope you're enjoying the unexpected heatwave we are still having here in the UK?! I'm really hoping it will last another 2 weeks!

Take care,   T  xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment