Saturday 24 November 2018

Ginkgo's...

We are blessed with having several Ginkgo trees in the Cathedral grounds and surrounding area. It was obviously a popular tree to plant at one time.
I love to see them in the autumn when their leaves turn to a bright shimmering gold. They often collect on the pavement just outside The Close where the wind catches them and arranges them in "channels". There was no sunshine the day I took this photo - I even parked the car and walked back to take a picture especially! - but I knew there was heavy rain coming, so it had to do.

Tina's Allsorts, Ginkgo Leaves

But I'm sure you can imagine the intense gold colour of the leaves, contrasting with the grey flint stones of the wall in the sunshine. I'd seen this tree along the River Walk a few days earlier when the sun was out -

Tina's Allsorts, Ginkgo Leaves

I can still remember when I joined the Cathedral and the office was at the back of a building with a long garden. There was always something to look at in the garden all year round but the day I started, there was a ginkgo in all it's autumn glory. It was hard to look away and get on with some work!

I didn't have a camera phone back then - although I bought one soon after and took loads of photos around the garden - so I took my camera in and captured this -

Tina's Allsorts, Ginkgo Leaves

I took some lovely photos around the garden in the following two years but then we moved buildings, so I only got to see this view of the Ginkgo one more time. I should hunt those photos out and start sharing them again.

If you popped in last week you'll be glad to hear that the pat*tern for the Romsey Wrap in coming along nicely and should be ready soon.

Bye for now!!  T  xXx


No comments:

Post a Comment