Monday 23 September 2019

A trip down Memory Lane

I had a little trip down memory lane over the weekend. I was scrolling through some old photos on my phone and looked at the oldest, originally transferred from the pc years ago, before phones had cameras, never mind when I had one! They were of some of the quilts and baby playmats I have made over the years. (I used to be an avid patchwork and quilter and it was my obsession passion for over ten years. I still have the fabric stash....

One photo was of this quilt -

Tina's Allsorts Designs

This was a very special quilt, made for my best friend's son Will, for his 6th birthday - just after he started school. He has just turned 18!!!! So I thought it was appropriate to share it on instaram, along with the other pics I'd found. 
Will's quilt was a single bed size but the other's were all cot sized or just playmat size. Will had lots of different quilt blocks and some aplique pics, like the castle - he loved castles! But the smaller items had some very detailed aplique scenes - all my own designs and ideas.

Apologies that the pictures are rather low res... I still have the originals on my laptop but it takes forever to power up.... Speaking of which, I can remember my first digital camera had a memory card that held just 512mb!! My current one has 8g......


Tina's Allsorts Designs

Tina's Allsorts Designs

Tina's Allsorts Designs

Tina's Allsorts Designs

Tina's Allsorts Designs

I used to make greetingcards for my friends and some framed pictures too. This is one of the cards for a lady who had a passion for sailing.

Tina's Allsorts Designs


I stopped quilting many years ago. Sitting in front of a sewing machine for 8 or 9 hours at a time at the weekends started playing havoc with my back, so I stopped. But it was good while it lasted and I made some amazing quilts. In my opinion anyway!! And I still have a sizeable stash of fabic, even if most of it is in small 50cm square pieces!! 

Before I was a quilter, I was a cross stitcher. But that was in my pre-digital camera days, so hard to share a pic or two of those!!


No comments:

Post a Comment