Now to start batch two and another ta-dah straight away!
Ever since I first saw Jamie's Peasant Dress Pattern, I've been itching to make it! Knowing that C&H Fabrics had some of their cotton fabrics 25% - 50% off, I finally headed off in search of 2 toning fabrics and was so excited I got cracking as soon as I got home from work on Tuesday. (I'm paying for that now mind as I still have back ache after hunching over my desk all day, then hunching over my sewing machine...)
I'd managed to get a print out of the pattern for once and cut out the biggest size, age 7-8, and following Jamie's excellent instructions it went together very quickly - it probably took about an hour and a half. (Excluding the pockets, which I made the next night and they took another hour at least!)
The lighting wasn't very good by the time I finished and I didn't want to have to wait until the weekend to take photos to show you, so had to make do with the following picture -
I opted for 2 pockets on the front for this dress. Not done that before. And they had some contrast "piping" near the top edge and curved bottom corners.
I think to finish it off, I'll use the contrast fabric to make a bow, or a flower to go in the centre of the neck edge.
I'm very pleased with how it turned out and although I had also bought some mauve fabric, I'll wait until the weekend before I make it. Give my poor old back a rest...