Friday 2 October 2015

Autumn's first splash of colour

Just a quickie today. Remember the ornamental cherry tree outside the office window that looked amazing covered in spring blossom way back in February or March??

 Well, just look at it now -

Tina's Allsorts
It was still all green on Monday but day by day, it has changed colour. I took this picture yesterday and there was still  a little green around the bottom branches but I don't think there's any green left today.

I keep forgetting that we're into October now! (Did I sleep through September??...) I must start planning some autumn colour walks soon. I might try and get to Sheffield Park Gardens this year - it gets very busy but the colours are amazing. And there's Westonbirt Arboretum. I went there once in early spring and would love to go back in the autumn one day - I bought their guide book and the photos of the autumn colours were truly jaw dropping. It's a bit of a drive for a one day visit though. We'll see.

Enjoy the weekend's sunshine before Monday's rain!!

No comments:

Post a Comment