I've made a good start on the needle-case I'm making for Mara. No sewing machine at the moment, so it's all hand stitched so far. I'm using the last little piece of pink gingham for the outside, along with a flowery print that I've had for a long time. It's one of those fabrics that is so gorgeous you just can't bring yourself to use it. I only bought a fat quarter and I've hardly touched it but I decided this called for something special. I haven't quite decided what to use for the lining - I have a couple of fabrics in mind, left over from a patchwork playmat I made for my friend's baby girl a few years ago. But more of that when I get to it.
As well as some felt pages to hold the needles and pins, I might put a little pocket on the inside to hold a needle threader maybe.
I've bought lots of bits and bobs to put in her sewing kit - so much that I may have to buy a bigger tin to put it all in!!!
Hopefully, I'll find time to finish it over the Easter weekend and can do a proper reveal soon.