Saturday 31 December 2016

Happy New Year

Or should that be good riddance to 2016??... I shan't miss 2016 one bit. One of the worse years of my life if  I'm honest. Roll on 2017 - let's just hope its a teensy bit better. Not great - just better.

I seem to remember this time last year I did a last minute round up of  my year on line. I've left it til the last minute again - why change the habit of a lifetime!
A look through my blog stats tells me that my post from July 2015, Ta Dah - another Dress Made has had over 570 views since I posted it 18 months ago but it has now been over taken by a recent post from October 2016 where I did a little tutorial on how I lined my Peacock Tail Bag. That's had 550 in less than 3 months! Entirely down to a link on facebook.
And in 3rd place is still the April 2015 post where I made a scissor keeper, pin cushion and pin box.

Tina's Allsorts, Baby Bird Tea Cosie
Looking at the Page views (as opposed to Post views) , the most popular is now Tea Cosies with nearly 1,000 views - the other pages are all around the 400-500 mark. That would be down to my Baby Bird Tea Cosie appearing on Loari Prior's facebook page - she writes some fabulous books on making Really Wild Tea Cosies and was my inspiration to have a go at making my own.

But I don't know if I should be worried/bothered by the Russians....Seriously! On Pinterest I often see links to tutorials which go to Russian websites but have clearly been ripped off  from other sites. I wonder if something of mine is out there?... Ah well, nothing I can do about it anyway.

I did have some social media highlights, if you can call them that. My very own email from the fabulous Lucy of Attic24, plus Jacquie of Bunny Mummy and Fiona of Marmalade Rose have "followed" me on Instagram. Woo Hoo!

I'll leave you with one final photo, a sunny snap at Hilliers this week before the fog arrived. A clear blue sky and very bright sunshine which made the colours of the dogwoods sing!

Tina's Allsorts, Dec 2016

That's it for this year then - Happy New Year to you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment