Sunday 14 May 2017

Lost in Time Ta-dah !!

It's finished already!! The blanket I mentioned last week is already finished, washed and blocked and listed on Folksy!! (Edit: Sold long ago though...) The design is called Lost in Time - possibly because it is so enjoyable to make that you lose track of time!!! It's a bit of a wool eater though with all that texture and I was worried I wasn't going to make it to the end. I couldn't do the edging exactly as the pattern suggested due to the lack of wool but I did manage to edge it nicely. Want to see??
(Also, I should mention that the free pat*tern by Johanna is for a triangular shawl but it was very easy to re-work it into a square, although I wish I had thought to add some texture in the middle... She has now designed a square version too.)

Tina's Allsorts, Lost in Tooty Time Blanket

Tina's Allsorts, Lost in Tooty Time Blanket

Tina's Allsorts, Lost in Tooty Time Blanket

Tina's Allsorts, Lost in Tooty Time Blanket

Tina's Allsorts, Lost in Tooty Time Blanket

Tina's Allsorts, Lost in Tooty Time Blanket

Tina's Allsorts, Lost in Tooty Time Blanket

I really like this and I do hope it sells as I'm sure a young child would love it too - there's so much colour and texture to stimulate their interest.

So, what do I make next??? I have seen some very nice daisy squares on Instagram this week, so I thought I could make one or two at work tomorrow - not sure if I've got enough wool left for a whole blanket though. I've run out of some of the colours I bought for the first Tooty Fruity Blanket but I do have a reasonable amount of yellow and orange and a bit of white. Plus I had to buy a second ball of pale pink, so we'll see how far it goes.


I bought a very nice book this week. I saw a feature in Crochet Now - the magazine I mentioned 2 or 3 weeks ago - about a designer called Leonie Morgan. There were lots of colourful photos of her work and she mentioned she had a new book recently published. It certainly merited a closer look,  so I popped over to her website WoolnHook and had a good look. Within minutes I'd ordered a copy and it's worth every penny - and there's a UK terms version, as well as US terms!!!! I think it's going to be one of my favourite "go to" books when I need inspiration for a new project. It wasn't expensive at all and definitely worth every penny!!

As the weather was lovely again today  - apart from a short heavy rain shower that dampened the washing!! - I managed to sit on the patio and re-work the sample using the "Cyclamen Shade" 4 ply I bought a couple of months ago. I really want to get on and use this stunning yarn. It's going to be an absolute pleasure to work with such an amazing colour! (I saw recently that there is a shade in deep mauve and bright green called Iris available. Very tempting!) I'm going to make a waistcoat, which I'm sure you'll get to see as it grows.

I'm off on holiday soon, visiting friends in Northumberland, so may not have time to stop by next weekend but I'll be on Instagram, should you want to keep up with me there. I can see why bloggers love Instagram so much, it really is so simple to take a pic, have a quick chat about it and post it. I love it! I posted a pic here last time of my first photo to have 100 likes, plus I had just reached 100 followers.
That picture has now had 200+ views and I have 200+ followers. Woo Hoo!!

And if you keep popping in waiting patiently for the Tooty Stripey Blanket Pattern, then I must apologise as it isn't quite ready yet. Plus I'm having trouble finding someone who can scan it for me as the scanner at work is playing up. But I'll do it as soon as I can...

Til next time,   T xXx

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! It's a really good pattern too - you should give it a try. 😊

      Delete
  2. Would you make another to sell?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!
      Thank you so much for asking but these days I usually try and design my own patterns and don't often find time for blanket making at all.
      The pattern I used was a free pattern though - albeit for a triangular shawl, I just re-worked it into a square - perhaps you have a friend who can crochet who could make it for you??

      Sorry I can't be of more help at this time...
      Best wishes
      Tina :-)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete