Saturday 7 October 2017

Project bag progress

Remember the project bag I mentioned last week?  Well, it's coming along reasonably okay.
I finished the sides, adding some stripes along the way and worked some half trebles around the top on a smaller hook to give a firmer edge.
Then I bought some fabric for the lining and half a metre of a sort of "padding" that I planned on using to give it a little body.
Oh yes, and I decided to make crochet handles, although I had considered using rope.
Here's everything laid out -

Tina's All sorts,  project bag

I didn't take a pic but I cut a piece of thick card the same shape as the oval bottom and wrapped a piece of the fabric over one side (with the help of some double sided tape), then glued an oval of the padding material to the other side. I also stitched an oval of the padding directly into the bottom of the bag.

Then I pinned the remaining padding fabric round the sides. And this happened -

Tina's Allsorts, project bag

A VERY upright bag suddenly appeared! I thought the padded fabric would just give it body but it actually made it quite upright. Not stiff stiff, just upright. Which is not what I wanted at all...

So I unpinned the padding  (glad I hadn't machine stitched it in!) and put it to one side.
I also decided it was too long - it was a good 12 inches but has now been frogged back so it's about 10 inches. 
I'll have another crack at it tomorrow and start on the fabric lining  (which will have pockets), so I might pop back in then.

For now though,  let me leave you with this screen shot from Attic24. Lucy wrote a post about preparing for Yarndale and included this screenshot of some of the creative hearts she's received for this year's community project for Mind. And you see that one in the middle? That's MINE!! Woo Hoo!!


I do like a good woo hoo, don't you?!

Til next time,  T  xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment