Friday 21 February 2020

Foray into Fairisle part III

If you've already seen my Foray into Fairisle parts I & II, you won't be surprised to hear that my 3rd project was a) another hat and b) featured the snowflake that featured on the cowl.
The snowflake had a 24 stitch pattern repeat, which would fit perfectly into the 120 stitches required for a DK hat. I also happened to have a ball of mustard yellow merino yarn that I had been itching to use. (I was hoping for a bright golden mustard when I ordered it online but it's actually more f an english mustard.)
I teamed it with a mid grey for the ribbing, although it might have worked better with a silver grey.

The pattern worked well as a hat but I now know that I held the dominant colour in the wrong position so it could have been better.... So I'm considering unpicking it either back to the rib and just reworking the snowflake (and adding 3 or 4 rows of plain grey before the snowflake starts), or I might unpick the whole thing and start again with silver grey! And I'm considering a long turn up brim too.

Tina's Allsorts, Snowflake Hat

I haven't quite decided what to do - but I'm very tempted to completely unpick it and start again with the ball of silver grey that I have now bought! Decisions decisions!




No comments:

Post a Comment