Saturday 19 September 2020

The Allsorts Blanket is PUBLISHED !!!!!!

 After a lot of time and effort - plus some fabulous tech editing and testing - 

The Allsorts Blanket

 is finally published today!!!! (That's a clickable link too, or click the photo below!)

The Allsorts Blanket by Tina's Allsorts Designs


It's only on Ravelry so far, although I will probably add it to Lovecrafts as well when I have time.

This is the fully written and updated version of the Tooty Stripey Blanket, with computer generated charts and plenty of photos to help you along the way.
You can make it any size you like, in any thickness yarn and in as many or as few colours as your heart desires!!
For the new sample, I used 7 pastel rainbow shades, plus cream but it would also look good in a host of vibrant colours. Or go minimal with just 3 shades perhaps??

I designed and wrote the pattern with the relatively new crocheter in mind. An opportunity to learn one or two new techniques and stitches; practise calculating your stitch count from a tension square; play with your colours to get a satisfactory repeat; straighten wonky edges with steam blocking; add a simple border, or even a fancy one.

And if you are unfamiliar with charts and how to read them, then have the written instructions and the chart side by side as you work. Read the instructions and then look at the charts - can you see the same stitches there, in the places where you will work them?? With just a little practise, the chart will begin to make sense.
One of my testers did just that and this is what she said - 



Best compliment EVER!!!

This design has been on quite a journey over the years. It started with 'Emma's Blanket' way back in early 2013. Inspired by Little Woollie who was making a mixed stripey blanket and writing up the pattern on her blog as she went - I needed it finished in a hurry though and couldn't wait for her, so very (Very!) quickly went completely freestyle and designed my own blanket. 

Years later, in 2017, I made another blanket on a similar theme but this time it had lots more texture and was also designed to be reversible. Due to the colours I used it came to be called The Tooty Stripey Blanket. (It has it's own page dedicated to it if you'd like to read more? It's up at the top of the page there.)

The Tooty Stripey was only a hand drawn chart when I published the pattern. I always meant to go back and write up the written instructions but never found the time. Not until lockdown came along that is!! I have an office job so was able to work from home for the whole of lockdown but without wasting time commuting every day, I managed to make a start and keep going back and adding and tweaking and re-writing.... until finally it was ready to show to someone else!

I got in touch with some ladies on instagram and they did a wonderful job of finding every single typo, missed space, missed stitch - just everything!! Fellow crafters are the best!!

Finally, last night, I made the last amendment - and was then up early this morning for a final check over before publishing!!!

Woo Hoo!!!!


You know, it only dawned on me last night that I haven't taken any full length photos of the blanket, only close-ups - my favourite being the flat lay at the top of the screen. Want to see some more close-ups?... Although I may have shared these before....

The Allsorts Blanket by Tina's Allsorts Designs

The Allsorts Blanket by Tina's Allsorts Designs

The Allsorts Blanket by Tina's Allsorts Designs


The Allsorts Blanket by Tina's Allsorts Designs

I warn you though, when you make your own blanket, be ready to stitch in all the ends!
There are lots and lots (and lots!) of ends....

Click the link at the top of this page, or click HERE, to hop across to Ravelry to buy your copy. There's no need to be a member as your pattern will be emailed to you. And please do share some photos of it as you make it and once finished and add the hastag #theallsortsblanket so I can see it too!!! I LOVE to see what others have made from my designs!! I still get a thrill knowing someone used my pattern and I don't think that feeling will ever wear out!


HAPPY HOOKING!!  TINA xXx


No comments:

Post a Comment